Wyatt Mackay Makes North Canyon History

1000 Point Student Athlete
Wyatt Mackay Makes North Canyon History

Over this past week, we have had some big accomplishments from our boys’ basketball team, the biggest being that our very own number 11 Wyatt Mackay reached his 1,000-point mark at the game against Sierra Linda on January 12th. Wyatt is the fourth person in North Canyon history to ever reach 1,000 points. Wyatt transferred his sophomore year which makes his milestone even more impressive. He has also proved his devotion to the sport and team by acting as captain his junior and senior seasons.

Mackay’s plans after high school are to “play college ball” by “finishing the season strong and making it to playoffs.” North Canyon currently sits 3rd in the 5A metro division so playoffs are an easily reachable goal. Mackay also stated that without his teammates he wouldn’t have been able to reach 1,000 points, saying that “reaching the mark with [his] teammates was an incredible experience” showing his pride in being a Rattler. Mackay finally said that he believes he has left a good mark at North Canyon, not only by being great on the court but in the classroom as well. Stating that he is “a good representation of what a student athlete should be by keeping his grades up, winning his games, and also staying on top of everything else important in his life.” Mackay has really left his mark by being one of North Canyon’s greatest athletes and we cannot wait to see what he does in the future.

Donate to The Rattle

Your donation will support the student journalists of North Canyon High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.