North Canyon Spirit Week!
Categories:

North Canyon Spirit Week!

Get excited North Canyon, spirit week is right around the corner and we need to get ready to show our school spirit loud and proud!

In an exclusive interview with North Canyon chemistry, biology, and student government teacher Kelsey Seitzberg.

I asked if she thought the number of students participating in Spirit Week had been increasing or decreasing over the past few years, and she stated “We get good participation from the students since we try to make them simple and fun for everyone”. Making the school spirit week themes nice and simple is good for the students and teachers who get intimidated to participate in such events.

Ms. Seitzberg also stated, “Teacher participation is greatly encouraged to inspire students to participate as well”.

Student participation also depends on the themes and their popularity, when asked about how School Spirit Week themes are chosen Ms. Seitzberg explained ” We send out forms, ask the student body in class discussions and brainstorm what they think will be more successful and what’s trending, we try asking student their opinion and we’re already planning the next spirit week for homecoming”. ” We try to avoid any uncomfortable themes to be aware and respect of students preferences”, Ms. Seitzberg added to her statement expressing how much thought and consideration goes into ours schools spirit week, which is why its greatly encouraged and appreciated for students to participate.