Wyatt Mackay celebrating the win.
Wyatt Mackay celebrating the win.
Mr. Harshfield

The North Canyon vs. Central

One for the Books!
Dario Vella’s Winning Shot
Noah Sowunmi absorbing the win. (Mr. Harshfield)

The North Canyon vs. Central Boys basketball game was one for the books.

The score was constantly neck and neck. North Canyon fans were loud and  grew louder and louder as the game went on. The NC cheer team was there to support Coach O’Guinn and the boys and cheered their hearts out. As they reached the end of the game, they were behind by two points.

With six seconds left on the clock, Dante Vella scored the game winning 3-pointer. Everyone was out of their seats to cheer on the boys. This game was a huge win for our boys as they are now in the play-offs! Their first play-off game is at 7:00 at Centennial High School on February 16th.

The team would love everyone’s support. Having a great crowd gets the team excited and helps them play their best. Dario Vella said, “A good crowd gives me the energy to really give the game my all and that’s exactly what my team deserves.”

North Canyon will be providing a spirit bus and the first 45 students to sign up get a free ticket to the game. This game will be a black out so show your North Canyon pride and wear all black to the game. Our boys basketball team has worked incredibly hard to get here so give them your support.

Donate to The Rattle

Your donation will support the student journalists of North Canyon High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.